Thursday, September 1, 2011

Channel Sales

Look its different. Its different than what i read in my MBA curriculum.
Managing People, Managing Time, Planning activities, Managing sentiments and understanding the need of the clients is what makes you to be in general trade.
I stepped into this kind of sales as a novice but now i think i know a bit of it. This is something which makes me happy of achievement and sad on losing out to target. I try to utilize all that i have learnt and all that i am learning to the best possible way.

When i was asked to take the responsibility to take charge from my predecessor, i was not prepared but then one thing that made me go for it was my confidence and eagerness to learn new things. I was not shadowing anyone to learn the tricks nor was guided by anyone. But to all this i am highly blessed to have a nice set of people around me ( i mean my team) who never let me down. I was moreover a friend to them rather than being their boss and dictating them. I was learning in due course of time and i owe my respect to those people who helped me to learn things.

From corporate sales to Channel sales was a huge shift i.e. i mean from A.C. to Hot Sun :)

Moreover this was different. This industry was different; this is where man management skills are more important than one's education. Keep patience, continuous motivation, belief in the team and freedom to operate are some of the key ingredients to success in the channel sales especially when you are not dealing with well qualified people. ( for this i have a complain for faculties not teaching HR :( in college.)

A determined, confident and motivated team can achieve any kind of results.

No comments:

Post a Comment